Today was not a particularly bad day. If anything there were a few pieces of positivity.
I recieved the most kind random text (from a number not in my phone book). A sweet sister in my branch telling me she thought I was amazing. It really made my my morning bright! It was fun to have it be a mystery too. It made the text that much more fun.
I met a man while shoe shopping tonight. He was a foreigner. He had immigrated to the united states from London. He had been a database manager for large businesses. Long hours, and no vacation days. One day, after six or seven months of no break, he decided he had to have a day off. He called in. That morning the commuter train he usually took to work was bombed. He vowed to never let another day go without being happy and grateful. I wish I knew how the shoe salesman channeled his positivity. Or if it is just an act that avoids reality. Perhaps reality is what we make it.
1 comment:
Hey you blogged!
Post a Comment