Friday, June 13, 2008

Sunshine on Friday the 13th

Sometimes life hands you lemons and sometimes life hands you little bits of sunshine.

Today was a day of sunshine thanks to those friends and people around me. How awesome is that! People really do make a difference in this life!

* sorry to those people whose stories I am about to shamelessly re-tell. Thanks for sharing with me in the first place!

Communication Breakdown

A boy chats you up and you want to give him a little bit of encouragement. So what is the best way to give him that encouragement, I ask? Nothing but the finest modern communication will do; obviously a text message is the only way to go!

So You send a text message (Filled with nothing but the flirtiest,wittiest, conversation you had earlier that week regarding relaxation and bubble baths) off into the unknown trade winds of cellular communication. And you wait for that special response, maybe even a invitation for a night out?

2 weeks later you are still waiting. Curse that boy! Curse all Boys! I must remove his number from my phone, mostly my text message list. AHHH Curse him... I've deleted his number easily enough, but now I better text everyone I know to move his name down and off the list!

...Then low and behold, you recieve a text message. A text message from that cursed number... And what is he asking you about? He wants you to teach the lesson at church on sunday? But you don't teach sunday school, you teach relief society. What is with this kid?

AHH now you have to call this kid to talk about Sundays lesson. And because you have erased his number from your phone you have to call one of your friends and get his digits.

Then you have a realization...

...that Cursed number is not his number... You suddenly realize that the number belongs to none other than a couselor in your relief society presidency. A girl so shy, and pious she has angel wings growing out of her back.

Crap.

You sent the bubble bath text message to the wrong number.

You have been maligning the name of this poor boy for not answering a text he never recieved. And you have made a demure girl think you were weird beyond belief.

lol!!!!

luckily a little while later the boy texts you, on his own, with an invitation for that night out.
The mis-alignment of the world has been set right, at least for everyone not in the relief society presidency.


Shakespear?

In denial?

A boy named Hamlet who claims his name is not english, but Armenian in origin. Ophelia jokes were not accepted.

p.s.- He also likes to have first dates on the porch of random strangers while eating ice cream...hummm interesting.


Deluge!

Have you ever been out and about without an umbrella and been caught in a downpour? Ever been caught coming home from the grocery store?

Luckily wheeling your newly purchased foods out to your car isn't so bad. Not too wet yet! good!

But as you near your house the rain is just coming down in sheets. It is a crazy deluge! How are you going to get the groceries in the house? You are going to get soaked! oh man!

SO what is your first thought-- jacket? Better yet a rain jacket? maybe a umbrella?

Yeah an Umbrella... and swim trunks! Thats the ticket! Then if I get wet it won't matter!

What I would have paid to be an observer of that evening... Just another crazy kid at your apartment complex bringing in his groceries in swim trunks and an umbrella.

Predators

Now this is a little bit fourth grade, but in the world of 'he said, she said' dating it is quite normal.

When one of your girls is crushing on a guy, you want to help her out. So how do you find out what her love interest is thinking-- without causing any social unrest? You Ask the Guys best friend what the real deal is.

I did this recently and had the best response ever to posing the question "Can you find out what he thinks about her?" You might expect to hear "yeah he's interested in her" or "no, he hates her guts and thinks she should shave her unibrow into two seperate entitys."

This is what I heard (verbatim) "Yeah I'll just tell him to get after her like a like a lion on his prey."

I couldn't stop laughing. Good Hunting!!!




Thanks for sharing your little bits of sunshine with me today!

1 comment:

Shiloh said...

LOL!
Ari-- you kill me!! SO funny!
P.S. Hamlet said his name was "Persian" in origin...

Search