Mormon nunnery:
After discussing the woes, tribulations, and annoyances of dating, My sister and I decided that it would be easier to be a nun and just forget all of this dating non-sense.
Too bad we are Mormon, and Mormon's dont have nunnerys.
So I tried to think what the first ever Mormon nunnery would look like. Just in case we decided to start one.
Humm... A bunch of chaste women walking around, no men, no habits, there would be just lots of classes, scripture study, maybe some sewing bandages for lepers, maybe a class where only modest clothes were made in happy floral patterns, perhaps a casserole making class, perhaps some gardening and canning classes too...
These things are all good, but they dont really show the ultimate devotion and sacrifice for your God.
Then I realized being a mormon nun it is called motherhood.
Dang it-- Shoots the whole "i'll just be a Nun, devote my life to a higher cause and avoid men" idea out of the water.
Traffic stop preacher:
I was driving home the othernight from a baseball game and I saw the newest form of fire and brimstone gospel preaching: truck tailgates.
A brand new F-150 was covered in scripture quoting bumper stickers and vinyl. (I tried desperately to get a pic, but flashes and windshields don't mix).
My favorite was the reminder "if you were to die tonight where would you go? HEAVEN or HELL?"
...Guess there is really only one way to find out...
...suicide or reckless driving... hummm...
Don't think the preacher got his true message across.
2 comments:
Wow-- I guess when we were having that conversation I had a way different picture of "Mormon Nunnery"! There was defenetly no canning! I think there was more of a tropical local and alot of town homes-- one for each nun. I guess the only nun part was completely renouncing men! ;)
I think a mormon nunnery would make thousands of batches of red punch and funeral potatoes to send to the world's less fortunate.
Post a Comment