Sunday, May 4, 2008

Tonight may not be the night...

…ahh disapointment. The Tigers lost the NCAA tourney tonight.
This means that my bracket was completely defunct after round one. MAN! good thing I’m not a bettin’ girl.
It was the first time I have ever managed to complete a full bracket before the tournament. I always start off with good intentions ( We all know where those lead. hahah. little joke), but I never manage to get anywhere. SO this year, I filled out three brackets for good measure. Just making up for lost time, I guess.
In reality, I had a great tip from a friend who is a pro bracket ‘filler-outer’ — he stated that he had been filling out brackets “since he was knee high to a grasshoper!” WIth his advice there was no way I could go wrong! Yeah for me! ”Do one bracket by the rankings, one by your dream, and one based on reality”, he said. His family is kind of into basketball, so I tried it.

I failed all three.

I dont believe that thing about grasshoppers he told me either.

MAN!

To top it off, I have been really into the team this season. Invested you might say. I even bought a team t-shirt . I also have school color mardi gras beads and pom poms. Invested!

I was nervous the entire championship game — WHY? I’m certainly not out on the court making free throws (obviously, or the team never would have made it to the championship), and the team isn’t from my alama matter or my home town, But I was nervous. Invested, right?!
I have a theory that you can usually tell who will win a ball game by the vibe of energy that is being given off from each team. The team with the most energy vibes will win.

We lost our vibe when OT started. Then we lost the championship.

MAN!

I feel like I’m in mourning. I hope it doesn’t start to rain.

No comments:

Search